Thursday, August 23, 2007

Resident Evil 4 for Wii

I got RE4 for the Wii from Gamefly. I just wanted to try a shooting game on the Wii and see how it would handle. I forgot what a great game it is. I keep telling myself that I'm going to just play one more night and then send it back but I'm having so much fun with it I keep going. I'm about half way through the game now.

It works great on the Wii once you get the hang of having all the buttons moved. It was a great looking game 4 years ago on the GameCube; it's not so hot on the Wii. After playing most my games in HD, it seems very pixelated and fuzzy. But it still has the RE magic. At first it's a little irritating that you can't move and shoot at the same time, but it's really what makes the game so tense. You have to constantly be evaluating your position relative to all the zombies and make very tactical decisions about where to make your stand. It's easy to see why it's one of the all time greats.

For all the weaklings out there that couldn't finish it on the 'cube, it's actually much easier on the Wii because you are so much more accurate and can aim so quickly. I still die regularly, but often I get through things that took several tries on the 'cube in one try. And I find I'm struggling with ammo a lot less.

Now that I have BioShock in hand, I don't know how much time I'll spend on it. But it's been darn fun and it gives me high hopes for future shooters on the Wii. Like Metroid Prime 3 that comes out next week...

1 comment:

David said...

I'm hoping to find some new games for the wii that are cool. Super paper Mario was the last one that I played and beat and had a lot of fun with. The next game that I think I want to try is the new splinter cell game.