Sunday, October 28, 2007

The Crazy Blue Donkey

Well, so much for seven days in a row. What can I say, I'm a professional procrastinator. I'm sure I'll make the 7 posts; they just won't be much of a row.

About Sunday of last week Jonah started doing something really strange. He still comes and gets into bed with Tomoko and I pretty much every night. Usually Tomoko will just give up and go sleep in Jonah's bed, so it usually ends up being Jonah and me in our bed. Anyway, he started getting up and closing the bedroom door. He's been doing this very consistently anytime Tomoko or I go in or out and leave the door open, he gets out of bed and closes the door. He'll do this at all hours of the night.

Well, yesterday we found out why. He said he's worried about the scary crazy donkey. Evidently, he's worried that the donkey will come into our bedroom and scare Mommy and Daddy he said. He says if we shut the door then the Donkey will knock instead of coming in. He also said the donkey is blue and drives a car. It's a pretty nasty sounding donkey.

I told Jonah that I would punch the donkey in the nose if he tried to come into our bedroom. Jonah informed me that I would be too scared of the donkey. It can get kind of warm in our bedroom with the door closed, but I guess that's the way it's going to be for a while. At least until the donkey leaves town.

3 comments:

LL said...

That will be us with Javier once he moves out of our room.

That donkey thing is funny. Kids get the weirdest ideas. But what a sweet little guy to try to look out for you. :-) He is such a cutie.

More Bacon said...

That is hilarious! He's right though--you'd probably be too scared of that donkey... :)

somebody's mother said...

Hhmm. I think someone needs to come up with a Super-Mega-DD (Donkey Deflector) like maybe some ribbons that you hang from the top of the door frame every night (so you can still walk through) but in a color that is scientifically proven to scare blue donkeys. And while you are at it, someone take away that donkey's car keys.

Honestly, I had to bust out laughing when I read it. Too funny and totally cute.